My first time tutoring on Thursday November 8 was absolutely great. My tutor and I bonded right away and we jumped right into the session wasting no time. The first question I asked her was "can you tell me what the story was about"? She knew what it was about and gave me a clear explanation. As we started reading her essay her introduction was very good and she had her main points included in it. As we reached the body paragraphs about advantages an disadvantages, I noticed that they were short. Before reading I asked her to tell me the advantages of the article. She explained to me what it was but as we read that paragraph she did not write everything she said to me. I stopped for a second and told her "everything you explained to me just now, write it down on paper an give your full detail so your professor knows exactly what your saying". As we went to her disadvantage paragraph, she told me to give her a second so can make sure she has all her details before I read it. I like that she took my advice right away to make it easy on herself. As we finished off we did not have much time to do the conclusion but she told me what wanted to write. My tutee was a good writer but she just had a little trouble developing what she wants to say and writing it down. All her thoughts were there just needed a clear explanation.
My tutoring session was a good experience because I was able to help someone else. I also enjoyed it because I used some techniques I learned from the tutoring book we use in class such as free writing , and making a chart. It helped my tutee a lot along the way. My tutor was very satisfied as I helped her and she told me "I made her feel much better about her paper". My tutoring experience turned out very good after all and I can't wait to do it again.
My tutoring session was a good experience because I was able to help someone else. I also enjoyed it because I used some techniques I learned from the tutoring book we use in class such as free writing , and making a chart. It helped my tutee a lot along the way. My tutor was very satisfied as I helped her and she told me "I made her feel much better about her paper". My tutoring experience turned out very good after all and I can't wait to do it again.
Yay! Your excitement and confidence really come through here! I'm so glad you were able to help this student. It sounds like you are tuned in to the right things, and she is getting great advice from you and improving her writing (and her chances of passing!)
ReplyDeleteGood work! When you write your Case Study, you can use this writing, but just fill it out a little more, describing the strategies you used.
I'm so glad this went well for you both!