Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Projective Structuring Was Always My Main Issue
In Sandra’s “Understanding Compose”, the subject that struck
me the most was the projective structuring. The projective structuring process
is a good thing, but at times it can cause you to get caught up by not writing
what you really feel. Projective structuring causes problems because many times
as your writing papers, you forget about putting your own feelings into it, but
instead write what you think that will impress your reader. In my poetry class I
had two semesters ago I always felt that I was writing my essays based on what
my professor would enjoy reading. I knew that it was not what I should have
done, and I realized now that I was not expressing my true talk and was worried
about making sure I write what he would want to read. As I read “Understanding
Compose” it taught me that I should not write what I think the reader wants to
read, but I can consider in my head how the reader will feel as reading my
paper and ask myself “will the reader understand my point of view?” As writing a paper, I will always remember to
write how I want to write it, but at a point while writing my paper consider if
the reader will understand where I’m coming from and not write what I think the
reader would want to read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry somehow my previous comments did not get recorded the first time I entered them. That happens--rarely, but it happens--with blogger (and all the other blog-like formats too, like Ning). It's a hazard.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm glad this essay has helped you make an adjustment in your approach to writing. As I have said to you before, you have a great ability to focus and develop. That is already such a huge part of writing that you have only upwards to go from there!
While projective structuring is very important, it is very true that it's more important to not loose touch with what you really feel/think/want to say. That "felt sense" thing...it's the basis for the whole process.
With your skill sand passion, I'm sure you can become an excellent writer, just keep at it, and who knows what you'll end up having to say! Probably something very important! And you will do it well.