Revision of "Discourage Brought Me Through"
Reminiscing
back to myself as a student has made me strive harder to reach my goal. As I
was ending Catholic school 5th through 8th grade beginning Public high-school
9-12th grade, it was the educational period that helped me realize how
valuable education was to the future generation. I have had teachers that
influenced me and some that discouraged me in learning education. The change I
had to go through as a student with different teachers helped me recognize that
I wanted to become a teacher and educate the upcoming. I want children to
understand and know that I am there for them.
During
this period I went through, Catholic school was strict where I would be dressed
in uniform every day. Prayers were said throughout the day and as walking
through the halls you would be able to hear a pen drop. My teachers in Catholic
school taught classes with plentiful energy that encouraged myself continuously
wanting to learn day after day. The way they taught indicated to me that they
cared and wanted me to succeed in life. They would give great eye contact, have
encouraging discussions that would turn into interesting debates, and their
tone of voice was not so loud but in a tone everyone could hear and feel comfortable.
Teaching is not just anything you can wake up to and go do it. You need
experience, practice, and the heart to want to help these kids learn education.
The teachers in my Catholic school presented the love for teaching and always
showed positive behavior towards all the students.
Going
through the transition from Catholic school, Public school wasn’t as strict.
The hallways were much louder than Catholic school, not to say that order
wasn't kept but I felt more freely being able to talk in the hallways while going
to my next class. From that I learned that feeling to freely was not good in
some cases. The teachers in the classroom were very care less and didn't show
any feelings to whether assignments were done or completed. The teachers would
just give us work and tell us to do it. My classmates and I would not know what
to do and confused about the objective of the lesson. When the teacher came into class angry, everyone would be angry because the class would be full with negativity. It gave
me the feeling inside that it did not matter to the teacher if I was concerned in the
class or not. To make my vision of teaching become a reality I always told
myself not to give up on becoming a teacher. It made me push myself even harder
in my classes to show them that I actually took interest about my education and
wanted to become someone in life.
In
this period of my educational life, I was able to learn that education is one
of the most valuable aspects of our lives. Even though there will be teachers
that won't show concern as I would want them to, I will always remember the
teachers that did. This period in my life as a student has pushed me to become
a teacher and to give students the education I was not given. I am going into
teaching because education is the most important thing for children in life. I know
as a well-educated, smart young women, I will be able to have my children
learning above and beyond.
No comments:
Post a Comment